So, what are the important features to look for in jewellery insurance….?
- Comprehensive, all risk global cover inside and away from home for loss or accidental damage;
- The ability to have lost items replaced by your jeweller of choice;
- The level of excess payable if you experience a loss and need to make a claim;
- A product that will allow you to insure just your precious items alone, especially If you don’t yet have other insurance policies,
- And to make sure once your items are covered you have the pieces revalued and the level of cover reviewed to ensure you have sufficient cover if you experience a loss.
Like most day to day administrative chores, arranging insurance protection can often be put to one side or not kept up to date. Spending some time understanding the types of cover available and what benefits each product offers will invariably save a great deal of heartache in the event of losing or damaging your piece of jewellery.
And whilst you may not be able to fully replace the emotional significance of a lost precious item – the peace of mind that it can be recreated to the same design and quality by the original craftsman without further financial outlay or heartache will allow you to fully enjoy your pieces without worry.