Premium comprehensive insurance cover for Jewellery and Valuables
In 2006 Australia’s foremost Jewellery industry association, Diamond Guild Australia, sought to develop an innovative jewellery insurance product that would serve the needs of the discerning jewellery purchaser by offering a comprehensive, global standalone jewellery insurance policy where the client’s choice of jeweller is assured.
INTRODUCING MASTERCARE VALUABLE ITEMS
Underwritten at Lloyd’s of London and in partnership with the principals of Kalin Insurance Services who have been associated with Diamond Guild Australia since 2006, Diamond Guild Australia established a bespoke insurance product call DGA Mastercare Valuable Articles Insurance (DGA Mastercare Insurance).
BESPOKE INSURANCE FOR YOUR PRECIOUS PIECES
Diamond Guild Australia Mastercare Insurance offers a bespoke level of cover. For a Total Loss a policyholder can receive up to 125% of the sum insured1 and can have their precious pieces replaced by the jeweller that created them. This means that as a Mastercare client you may return to your original jeweller of choice to have your item replaced rather than a panel jeweller nominated by the insurance assessor — a typical practice under a general homeowner’s policy.
In addition, pieces can be instantly and comprehensively insured from the point of purchase with a standalone policy that offers worldwide, all risk cover. Cover can be taken out without the need for home and contents insurance.
This makes MASTERCARE INSURANCE BY DIAMOND GUILD AUSTRALIA the perfect choice for first jewellery purchases such as engagement and wedding rings.
Mastercare Insurance can also be extended to private vault cover for items including investment quality stones. For further information and to obtain a quotation including transportation to and from the vault storage facility contact your Diamond Guild Australia member.
To ensure that the highest level of cover2 for your Valuable Article is offered at the most competitive of premiums3 DGA Mastercare Insurance is offered exclusively via Diamond Guild Australia member jewellers.
Features of Mastercare Insurance Cover
Peace of mind…
- Underwritten by Lloyd’s of London
- All risk, comprehensive, worldwide global cover4
- Immediate cover effective from time of purchase
- Prompt resolution of claims
The highest quality cover at a competitive price…
- Low policy premiums reflect quality of Diamond Guild Australia member jewellers’ clientele
- Up to 125% replacement value on items of appreciable value such as pink diamonds1
- No excess payable on claims
Insurance cover just for jewellery…
- Developed by Australia’s leading jewellers specifically for jewellery and precious items.
- Offers bespoke cover and personal locally based service
- Comprehensive cover for a single item or multiple pieces that can be added to over the life of the policy
- Endorsed by Diamond Guild Australia—Australia’s foremost Jewellery industry association
Full value replacement
Choose Mastercare Insurance by Diamond Guild Australia to ensure that you have the option for your precious items to be replaced by the jeweller that created them.
Have confidence in an insurance product that is Australian owned and administered locally. by Kalin Insurance Services.
Global All Risk Cover
Wear your jewellery with peace of mind knowing they are comprehensively covered worldwide while travelling.
Cover for Investment Diamonds
High quality insurance cover that can also be applied to investment stones in private vault storage
Enjoy the convenience of immediate cover from the moment of purchase before even leaving your jeweller’s store.
Easy setup and renewal
An easy policy establishment and renewal process that can be completed in-store or online.
Stand alone policy
Access to a standalone jewellery policy without the requirement for existing insurance cover.
Single or multiple item cover
The ability to cover a single piece of jewellery such as an engagement ring, or multiple pieces as required.
Add more items
Have the flexibility of being able to add more items to an existing policy (subject to valuation) such as wedding rings and other jewellery.
Exclusive high quality jewellery cover offered only via Diamond Guild Australia member jewellers to their clientele.
THE COST OF MASTERCARE INSURANCE COVER
As Mastercare insurance is offered exclusively through Diamond Guild Australia member jewellers our premiums and terms are market leading and competitive offering bespoke cover at the best price.
As your jewellery is as unique as you are, a tailored premium calculation can be obtained to suit your specific needs. To obtain a quotation please contact a member jeweller in your state or contact us.
To find out more, please refer to Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) available to the right.
You are also welcome to contact us at your convenience via our form below contact us.
To Find Out More…
Contact Master Care
Please note that Mastercare Insurance cover by Diamond Guild Australia, is exclusively available through a participating Diamond Guild Australia member jeweller. Existing pieces owned by the clients of our members may also be able to be added to a policy if submitted for revaluation and at the discretion of the member jeweller.
*Kalin Insurance Services Pty Ltd is a Corporate Authorised Representative (CAR No 1274720) of Australian Financial Services Licensee Quantum Insurance Holdings Pty Ltd (AFS Licence No 451134).
- If the cost to replace Your Valuable Article exceeds the Sum Insured, We will pay up to 125% of the Sum Insured or an additional $50,000, whichever the less, provided Your Valuable Article was purchased from Your Diamond Guild Australia Jeweller within the last 12 months or a Replacement Cost Valuation was issued within the last 12 months and the Valuable Article was insured for this amount.
- In the Initial Policy Period the Sum Insured for Your Valuable Article is the purchase price that You paid or the Replacement Cost valuation given by Your Diamond Guild Australia Jeweller. In Subsequent Policy Period(s), it is Your responsibility to ensure that that Sum Insured is adequate to cover the Replacement Cost. We recommend that You return to Your Diamond Guild Australia Jeweller each year to have the Valuable Article revalued for insurance purposes.
- When calculating Your premium, a range of rating factors are taken into account. These factors and the degree to which they affect Your premium will depend on the information You provide to Us.
Some factors that impact the calculation of Your premium include:
Where You live and where Your Valuable Article is kept
The security at Your home
The Sum Insured
Your previous insurance and claims history.
- The Valuable Article described in Your Schedule is insured against physical loss or physical damage occurring anywhere in the world during the Policy Period subject to the Sum Insured, terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions as stated in this Policy.
There will be no cover after the Initial Policy Period unless We agree to renew this Policy at Your request.
As a not for profit industry Association, Diamond Guild Australia is not a commercial entity but does receive a quarterly commission derived from the Mastercare Insurance policies written by its members. This amount is pooled and donated to the Guild to reinvest in its activities including supporting and promoting the Australian jewellery industry with events such as the Diamond Guild Australia Awards. No individual member derives any financial benefit from offering the Mastercare Insurance product to their clientele.